What is Interventional Radiology?
Interventional Radiology (IR) is an ancillary department of Radiology (x-ray) that uses fluoroscopy (live x-ray) and contrast (x-ray dye) to aid in the visualization of anatomy using minimally invasive techniques for therapy.
Monroe Hospital offers the following services for Interventional Radiology:
- Peripheral Angiograms
- Carotid Angiograms
- Dialysis Access and Maintenance
- DVT Treatment and Prevention
- Percutaneous GU Procedures
- GI Procedures
- Abscess Drainage Procedures
- Percutaneous Trans-Heptic Cholangiograms (PTHC)
- Central Line Placements
- Peripheral Access Port Placement
- Lumbar Punctures
For more information about our Interventional Radiology services, please call (812) 825-1111.